Subscribe to our Newsletter for monthly info, events and changes in the Academy.
Our Core Values:
- Compassion - We meet each student were they are, leading them through their goals and desire to sing better. Our teachers are an intrigal part of the music community and are mentors to their students.
- Respect - We partner with each student to increase their knowledge and experience as musicians.
Our teachers engage with students as equals and believe in each dream dreamed.
- Tenacity - We guide students in a "work it through" process of success, challenge and skills. Performing as a singer is not easy, our teachers show you how to craft your amazing journey.
- Imagination - We play with students to form a plan and enjoy the process of singing. Our teachers are living the dream as professional musicians, we want you to see it and enjoy your dreams too!
Why study voice... because you have a passion to sing! Because you have a goal to become a better performer, engage in a musical life and feel the rush that music brings to your life. Because you are a kid, teen or adult making the life changing choice to SING!!
"The Science of Being Happy", an article by Patty Onderko
She says, "Many studies suggest that singing with others, in a choir, by yourself, in the shower, or in the car along with the radio - releases a slew of feel-good, pain-relieving, immunity-boosting chemicals in your body, including endorphins, serotonin, dopamine and oxytocin. It has also been shown to lower cortisol, the stress hormone. The effects are the same whether you are in tune or not." (Success Magazine, Aug 2014)
Focus & Direction....
Groh Music focuses on Vocal Instruction. There are appropriate times, teaching and goals for any age singer, as well as a responsible path that leads to success. Some GM singers continue their previous piano study while advancing their vocal goals with local and state competitions or solos in their school.
Lessons for Children - It is our belief that anyone who wants to sing should be given the chance to sing and express that dream. We teach very young children ages 7-11 with an eye on music appreciation. In lessons with young ones, we begin the early ideas of vocal breathing, note reading, rhythm, story and the importance of sharing their gift with others. Repertoire is always subject and range appropriate for these young soloists to be.
Groh Music has enjoyed a partnership with the Colorado Springs Children's Choral, many Downtown Churches and school districts 11, 20, 2, 14 and 8 as they recognize the talent within their choirs and recommend GM for private music instructions. Call for a lesson interview as you consider the next musical step in your child’s life.
Does Someone in
Sing All the Time?
Partner with us to give them the outlet
they desire and an education they can use for a lifetime!
Sarah Groh Correa, Director
Youth Group Voice Begins
- Thursday, September 14, 2017
Voice Lessons Begin
- Monday, September 11, 2017
- Kylee Crews for her role in Merrily We Roll Along - Fine Arts Center Youth Rep. It was an amaing show!
- Kennedy Ort for her casting of ANNIE! in the Fine Arts Center's production of Annie this December 2017!
To engage students of all ages in a life changing musical experience that contributes to their personal goals every time they sing.
Groh Music is a resource for singers who grow in their vocal technique, musical understanding and personal insight.
Sign up for the Monthly Newsletter.